Today, in my lesson with Jon, I got through my prepared material with him and we started chatting about what I'm going to be working on over winter break. We started discussing etude books, excerpts, and solos that I should prepare over my six week break (just so I don't completely forget everything about the horn). Not until the last 15 minutes do I realize... This is my last lesson of the quarter!
It felt like just the other day I was having that awkward first lesson where we were both getting used to each other. Now our lessons are running smoothly and we're getting a ton done, but I guess it's as they say, "Time flies when you're having fun." I don't have finals for another couple weeks, but it's all surprising how fast the end of quarter snuck up on me. This is just all the more reason that I'm bound to keep enjoying this experience and keep getting the most done, because just like high school, I'm betting this will all be over before I realize it.
For any of you curious about what I'm going to be up to with a whole six weeks away from college. It's going to be six weeks of full of self-motivation and having to be my own hardest critic. I'm glad Jon and Wendy spent a lot of time making sure I can critique myself for times like these. As for the pieces I'll be working on...
It felt like just the other day I was having that awkward first lesson where we were both getting used to each other. Now our lessons are running smoothly and we're getting a ton done, but I guess it's as they say, "Time flies when you're having fun." I don't have finals for another couple weeks, but it's all surprising how fast the end of quarter snuck up on me. This is just all the more reason that I'm bound to keep enjoying this experience and keep getting the most done, because just like high school, I'm betting this will all be over before I realize it.
For any of you curious about what I'm going to be up to with a whole six weeks away from college. It's going to be six weeks of full of self-motivation and having to be my own hardest critic. I'm glad Jon and Wendy spent a lot of time making sure I can critique myself for times like these. As for the pieces I'll be working on...
- One Gallay Prelude every week
- One Gallay Unmeasured Prelude every week
- Bach's Cello Suite No. 1 (Hoss)
- Atterburg's Horn Concerto - Mvt. 1
- Beethoven Symphonies 7, 8, & 9

No comments:
Post a Comment