Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Great Day for Music

  Back home I would struggle to find good shows to get to, but since I've come to Chicago it seems like I just don't have enough time for all of them... Just today I went to a DePaul percussion ensemble during the day. It was a really fun and quick concert, only lasted a total time of 45 minutes. All five pieces were energetic and the longest ones were only seven minutes long. Overall a nice change of pace from songs that can go on for hours.

  Tonight I had to decide between the DePaul Symphony Orchestra and Chicago Symphony Orchestra. Both are at 8PM and have great repertoire. In the end I've decided that I wanted to see DePaul tonight since I haven't seen our symphony orchestra perform yet. Luckily there's also another performance by the CSO of the same concert as tonight on Tuesday, so I'm still probably going to get to see it.
  Don't get me wrong, I do miss my home town, but I can't lie... I'll sure miss these shows a heck of a lot too.

No comments:

Post a Comment