Hey everyone! I'm going to keep this short and sweet and just fill you in on the best moment of putting together the recording, the most frustrating, and the aspect that took the most work. Alright, let's get started!
Best: I started from the 4th part and worked my way back up through the parts. After having quite a few technical difficulties with playing the excerpts I was getting a bit down on myself on how I was pull this recording off. Luckily I finally got to the 1st part and most of the stuff was sounding great and I was getting the sound I was looking for. Then after going back and adjust a few bits of intonation to get the correct harmony I was finally able to let go of some of my stress of how the recording would turn out.
Most Frustrating: After coming back from one of my Game of Thrones breaks my microphone was picking up every little thing I played as excruciatingly loud. I spent about half an hour messing with mic placement and setting on my recording software. Just as I was about to start throwing stuff across the room I looked closer at the mic cable and realized it got pulled out by a hair. Once I plugged it back in everything got going completely smoothly again. Whew!!
"RAWR! Playing": I definitely noticed immediately that the articulation was going to be the squeakiest wheel. For the most part it just took spending some extra time in my warm-up, going over how to balance my tongue and air speed, to get the differentiation between staccato, marcato, and accents noticeable and in unison. The only exception to this was the sixteenth note pick ups. Those gave me a heck of time because by the time all four voices came together, it just ended up sounding like mush. But with some extra time, patience, and problem-solving I got most the little kinks on these notes worked out!
No comments:
Post a Comment