"Study of the horn will take the student through periods of exasperation, elation, challenge, downright enslavement, and finally, fascination and deep love for a noble, thrilling instrument." -Phillip Farkas (The Art of French Horn Playing)
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
DePaul Acceptance
For all of you out there who are wondered how surprised I was, and how much I loved my acceptance letter into DePaul's School of Music. Just in case the picture doesn't already say a million words, lets just "ecstatic" to that list.
I still remember finding out and breaking out into tears because until this moment I hadn't been receiving the best news from all my all other schools, and I knew that DePaul would be a long-shot both in terms of making it in and affording it. The joy that rushed over me when I saw "Austin Baugh, you have been accepted into the French horn performance program" was simply overwhelming. Then to find out that the scholarships that were offered brought down the cost of tuition to that of a state college made me and my mother scream out loud. All and all, this was one good "little" letter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment