Our first weekend of Joseph and the Technicolor Dreamcoat is finished, leaving just four more shows this next week Unfortunately I’ll be missing the first two of these shows, but worry the part is being well covered by my teacher, Wendy Hinman. So if you’re in the area and looking for great musical theater, don’t miss this golden opportunity (Andrew Lloyd Weber never disappoints).
The reason I’ll be gone tomorrow and Friday is for my DePaul Orientation. This is where I’ll meet my advisors, take placement exams for music classes, and sign up for all my classes. I’m pretty excited to get back on campus, since the last time I was there was for my audition into the school. Hopefully this time there will be a little less stress…
Last night at our municipal band, Tri-State Wind Symphony, I met a classmate that I went to school with when she was a senior and I was a freshman. I had heard she was going to DePaul as well. It was fun to shoot the breeze with her about everything from what the classes are like to how the horn studio was. She said that the horns kind of have an obsession with Mahler, which totally fine with me.
Finally, to wrap things up, Schumann and Mozart are coming along well and I’m hoping to be able to post a couple clips from each soon -- both for critique and just a little teaser. Also, my friend at DePaul said that audition material has already been posted online, which yet to hear. Now I bet you have a slight clue as to what I’ll be working to the bone this next month and a half. I will be accepting your best wishes!
No comments:
Post a Comment