Monday, July 11, 2011

Tip: Using Your Library


  Now, anyone from my generation will have to know to know this song. It made going to library cool when I was little. As I grew older though, I stopped reading as much and I probably didn't go the library for few years. Now where I'm still not reading books as much as I should, I did realize the library has something else very important... A huge amount of CD's!


  When you look at music like jazz and classical, it can look overwhelming how much different music is out there. And it could be very hard on you wallet to find out what you actually enjoy. By going to your local library, this this can help ease that pain.


  Every week or two I go in and get three CD's. Usually I get one that I know I'll like, usually a Leonard Bernstein edition recording or something by the Berliner Philharmoniker. Then the other two are either by orchestras I've never listened to, or composers I've never listened to, or even heard of.
  In just the few months that I've been doing this, it has really exposed to some really great music. Some of the best were finding out the Peer Gynt Suite No.1, Mvt. 1, is used when "New Brian" is playing flute on the edge of the bed in Family Guy, and just recently discovering Chabrier.

  Now go get some great music, and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment