Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Looking Ahead


2010 Colts Mellophones

  Lately I’ve been swamped with work, but today is my last day of work before I head off to watch DCI semifinals and finals. I’m excited since I actually haven’t gotten to see that many drum corps shows, except for the two in Dubuque. In addition to that I’m planning to see quarterfinals in theaters tomorrow, and if you have some free time I’d highly advise you to go see it too. All of the corps are going to be pristine by this point, and you’ll hopefully get a chance to see them all. I know they’re all performing that night, but to save time the movie theater might cut some of it out, I don’t about any of that right now.


  I’ll get back from DCI finals Sunday morning and then I work quite a bit that next week. The good news is that after week, I’m done! I’m taking off a week before moving to DePaul to really get some in-depth time with all of the excerpts and that darned Kopprasch etude.
  With Kopprasch I keep hearing people say that I’ll only be asked to play the first section, but at the same time they all agree I better have the whole piece sparkling clean. So far I’ve gotten about the first third of the piece pretty well put together, and the good news is that the second third is a lot like the first, except in a new key. I’m betting this will present a whole new range of issues, but at least I won’t have to spend as many hours working out timing. In the end, it’s a good workout but it’s a little embarrassing how lightheaded I can be by the end of working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment