Saturday, August 20, 2011

Turning the Pages

  Yesterday I had my final lesson with my private teacher, Wendy Hinman. Her advice over these past couple years she has transformed me from a wannabe trumpeter into a promising horn player. Through all the work on Kopprasch, Gliere, Mozart, and countless other things- her attitude of perfection, perfection, perfection has changed me into a much better person as well. Not just accepting good enough, but always pushing until I can get it just right every time has made me into the man I am today.
  That being said, now that I close this chapter of my life, it is only to continue on to the next. What awaits me at DePaul will surely change my life once again. I'll form new bonds, learn all new techniques, but all while never forgetting how I got there. Thank you everyone who made it possible for me to get where I'm going, especially you Wendy. I move to Chicago in eight days, and you better bet I'm counting them down. It's like a good book, you just can't wait to see what it has in store for you next...

No comments:

Post a Comment