Some people have a hard time understanding why musicians put ourselves through the stuff we do. Personally, I think it's because we've all experienced a great performance and want to be able to do that too, if not better. This creates a fire in our eyes that drives us to becoming great at our instruments, and is why we put ourselves in the practice room countless hours each day.
If you want to be great at performer, then at one time you found this fire. This fire in the eyes is what drove us to want to be a performer, and what needs to drive us through the rest of our lives. If not hard to experience the first couple times, but once you've start to seen it all it can be harder to find. The fun part about being into music though, is that it's almost like a challenge to keep finding this pieces that get that fire burning and reenergize us.
After awhile of this many people experience a time called burn-out. To me, this is just when the hard work of perfecting yourself on your instrument outweighs that fire. All you have to do to stop this is fight fire with fire.
How do you do that? Well, for me it's simple; I watch great videos and having tons of astounding recordings on my laptop. Whenever I'm feeling doing and don't feel like practicing I just listen to couple of my favorites and I'm back in the practice room energized.
If you're going through a rough patch then below are a couple videos that I especially enjoy--
If you want to be great at performer, then at one time you found this fire. This fire in the eyes is what drove us to want to be a performer, and what needs to drive us through the rest of our lives. If not hard to experience the first couple times, but once you've start to seen it all it can be harder to find. The fun part about being into music though, is that it's almost like a challenge to keep finding this pieces that get that fire burning and reenergize us.
After awhile of this many people experience a time called burn-out. To me, this is just when the hard work of perfecting yourself on your instrument outweighs that fire. All you have to do to stop this is fight fire with fire.
How do you do that? Well, for me it's simple; I watch great videos and having tons of astounding recordings on my laptop. Whenever I'm feeling doing and don't feel like practicing I just listen to couple of my favorites and I'm back in the practice room energized.
If you're going through a rough patch then below are a couple videos that I especially enjoy--
No comments:
Post a Comment