Last year I got tired of going to our local instrument retailer for horn maintenance and just getting blank stares. At one point I said the rotor plates were making noises and the employee searched around the horn for about a minute before I had to show him where they were. Luckily, my teacher suggested a guy that did repairs out of his home, and that's when I met Chad Schulte.
He has done plenty of work on all types of instruments, and I can personally vouch for his knowledge with the horn. From minor work like dent removal, to harder repairs such as fitting rotors, I've had great results with everything. I'll admit that when I was getting rotors done that I had some nerves, but the results were astounding. My 45 year old 8D feels like it brand new, and the levers still have great speed.
Besides his fine craftsmanship, his personality is what really keeps me coming back. He takes the time to really get to know you and your instrument. I've been giving him my business for the past couple years now. Just last week I gave him my horn for a regular cleaning, but it came back with a couple dents in the bell removed and all the slides refitted -free of charge. The advice he gives is topnotch too, as he's the one that got me on hooked on Hetmans lubricant.
If you're in Dubuque, IA, or anywhere nearby, I highly advise you give him a try. He'll have you're instrument playing like brand new, and without the long wait too. The most convenient way to get ahold of him is to go through Uncle Ike's Music. If you really want to contact him directly though, I'd be willing to give his phone number -just shoot me an email.
He has done plenty of work on all types of instruments, and I can personally vouch for his knowledge with the horn. From minor work like dent removal, to harder repairs such as fitting rotors, I've had great results with everything. I'll admit that when I was getting rotors done that I had some nerves, but the results were astounding. My 45 year old 8D feels like it brand new, and the levers still have great speed.
| Isn't it a beauty? |
If you're in Dubuque, IA, or anywhere nearby, I highly advise you give him a try. He'll have you're instrument playing like brand new, and without the long wait too. The most convenient way to get ahold of him is to go through Uncle Ike's Music. If you really want to contact him directly though, I'd be willing to give his phone number -just shoot me an email.
No comments:
Post a Comment