Sorry for being a day behind, with Blogger shutting down for pretty much a day and working late Friday night I didn't have time to post this Friday. Don't worry though I'm posting today and Sunday to catch back up this week. Again I apologize for this inconvenience and hopefully next week should be back to normal.
This week, we'll take a look at "Auf Dem Strom" in E Major, by Schubert. This piece is German for "On The River." The instrumentation is Horn in E, Piano, and tenor voice. Sometimes it is done in Eb, D, or C, it all depends on the vocalist. This work is beautiful, not too technically demanding for the horn but does take tremendous endurance and control.
Personally I love pieces like this where the horn gets to accompany a vocalist, much like Britten's Serenade for Tenor, Horn, and Strings, but that's for another day. This piece is definitely on my "bucket list" to perform sometime in life, can't wait!
No comments:
Post a Comment