This tip comes straight from a YouTube video by Sarah Willis of the Berliner Philharmoniker. For the best explanation of this technique I will provide the video of her demonstrating it on the "Till" solo. Included on this video is also a great masterclass on the Beethoven 9 solo.
- For those of you who don't have the time to watch the video right now I will explain the idea she discusses. The right hand opens slightly more in the lower register to avoid the muffled tone in that range. Also it will help raise the pitch, by opening the hand, since the lower register tends to drift flat on us.
- For those of you who don't have the time to watch the video right now I will explain the idea she discusses. The right hand opens slightly more in the lower register to avoid the muffled tone in that range. Also it will help raise the pitch, by opening the hand, since the lower register tends to drift flat on us.
No comments:
Post a Comment