Saturday, May 7, 2011

R. Strauss - Concerto No. 2 in Eb Major

   I apologize to all my followers for being so scattered brained these last couple days. I swore yesterday was Thursday, but alas that would be wrong. Here's the review that should have taken place yesterday. Enjoy!

  Most composers wrote masterpieces... Richard Strauss wrote "monster"-pieces. For French horns this concerto is prime example of that. Besides the endless runs, grace notes, and leaps, this entire piece is written for Horn in Eb. This wouldn't usually be so confusing but this piece was written after the creation of rotors and valves, so that's a "chromatic" Horn in Eb, which means you'll dealing with many more accidentals than usual.
  This piece is great for showing off a pristine technique, although I only advise it for people at the collegiate and profession level because of it's high technical demand.


Interested in purchasing this concerto? Concerto No. 2 in Eb Major



No comments:

Post a Comment