Saturday, May 28, 2011

My Warm-Up


  This warm-up is a culmination of my two years thus far in horn playing. It has evolved with me and will go through many changes as I progress throughout my life. I apologize for the less than perfect video and audio quality, but it still works all the same. 
    - Disclaimer: This warm-up might not be for you. I accept that, and acknowledge that people should use whatever gives them the best results.


Warm-Up:
     Mouthpiece Buzzing - "Hoo & Too" attacks
     Tetra Scales - 4 or 5 per register, and pick a couple that challenge you
     Low Range - 4 air attacks, then 4 tongue attacks, go down chromatically
     Lip Slurs - Start on "Middle-C" and go down to the "Ab" 
     "Telephone Articulation"
     Lip Trills - A lot like "Kopprasch No.5" 
  -For a video demonstration of this Click Here


  After I finish up my warm-up I like to move into Kopprasch exercises to get my face used to more extended technique. This wakes my mind up and gets me thinking about accuracy a whole lot more.
  If you have any questions of comments feel free to leave a comment on my blog or shoot me an email at baugh.austin@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment