Friday, May 27, 2011

Kopprasch 60 Studies: Book One


  This is probably the best all-around technique book I have used in my horn playing career. The combination of slowly building your skill on the horn and offering a great way to work on transpositions is most likely one of the prominent contributions to my success now.

  Right now I'm on the last couple etudes in this book and I'm looking back at how my technique has skyrocketed in just the last couple weeks. Then I also look at how much it's going to take to remember all these etudes, so I'll be able to pull off any one of them at a moment's notice. Beyond that, is also working on my transposition skills in all the keys and dealing accidentals (which should aid my work on Strauss #2). I would say this is $11 dollar very well spent, because you'll sure be getting your money's worth out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment