Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Finding Your Rhythm

  In life everyone has their own rhythm, or how they go about their day. Practicing is no different and you have to get in a certain pattern day-to-day of how, and when, you sit down and put in the hours on the horn.
  When I was school these past two years it was pretty simple because I could get the majority of time practicing done pretty much during school hours. Now that I've graduated and am working full time I no long have the opportunity to even play the horn through the middle of the day. I can usually get a warm-up in before work, at about 6 AM. Then the next time I have a chance to pick up my horn is around 4 or 5 PM.

  This isn't really good or bad, it's simply hard adjusting to fit this new schedule because I've been used to being completely done by about 5 PM. I know that being able to adapt to this is something that I'll have to do, and when college rolls around, I'll have to do it all over again. So I'm going to have to learn to take this a grain of salt, and learn how to be efficient with this whole new rhythm.

No comments:

Post a Comment